Friday, August 03, 2007

Seremban's Siew Pao

It’s been a long time since I last ate siew pao from Seremban. Just before heading back to Melaka, we headed to one and only one shop that is still open for business as most of the shops close at 6-7 pm and it was around 9 – 10 pm when we decided to buy siew pao before going home.



The shop is inside a complex just located beside the PLUS highway, you can spot it easily on the Seremban – KL route. The name is amusing though. I still remember that back in the secondary school, I’ve studied the Roman Empire, the Babylonian Empire, the Chinese Empire… but the name of this complex is: Empayar Siew Pao Seremban (aka Seremban’s Siew Pao Empire). This makes me wonder that when Japanese came and conquered Tanah Melayu during the World War 2, the Seremban folks rebelled by throwing siew pao at the Japs, hence given the name Seremban’s Siew Pao Empire. It might be one of the reasons why Japs retreated other than the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.



We reached at the stall and when we were just about to place our orders, the boss told us that all the siew pao has been sold and he will bake for us if we were going to buy 30 siew pao from him. We start to collect the orders and managed to come up with 80 siew pao. Remember the Empayar Siew Pao Seremban story I told just now, it was late that time and I think we should buy more so we are able to defend ourselves when we meet up with robbers or rapists.



After one hour, we headed back to collect our siew pao. We can feel the heat from the freshly baked siew pao. The outer skin is crispy and the ingredient inside it is hot and juicy.





I bought 15 siew pao for my friends and housemates and I ate 4 of them. Too difficult to resist something that’s just came out from oven. The price? It costs RM1.10 per siew pao.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so nice.. i miss seremban siew pao also leh! hao u know what to do hor =P

hao said...

yung: You sure bo? If you want you tell me lar, I see if my friend can help me buy or not.

Anonymous said...

lolz i want but I very very late only come back from midterm, so nvm ba =) Thks anyway hahaa

hao said...

yung: Lol, no problem ;)

Anonymous said...

eh eh i want the siew pao~
where to get? got address ah?

guaisaujai said...

Oh gosh~~~been awhile didnt eat this juicy yummy siew pao...u makin me hungry...

The satisfaction u can get...priceless...

hao said...

yuinyin: It's just beside the PLUS highway from Seremban to KL. I'm don't have any idea about the address of the place, sorry ah. But I heard that there's other places that make nicer siew pao.

guaisaujai: Hahahaha... that's my purpose, to make people drool and hungry... muahahahahaha